Send pictures of rides to: Camarollers.email@example.com
Saturday, September 3, 2011
9:00 AM/9:30 AM Sharp Departure
76 Gas Station
11008 Citrus Dr & S Wells Rd
Ventura, CA 93004
Heres the Scoop, Kick stands up at 9:30 Sharp!
This ride will be a mix of winding country roads. The meet-up will be at 11008 Citrus Dr & Wells Road in Ventura. We will be heading East on Foothill through Santa Paula, South Mountain Rd, up Balcom Canyon/Stockton/Grimes/LA Ave to Moorpark. Spring St. to the Norwegian Grade, Moorpark Rd and TO Blvd, East on Agoura Rd to Cornell, up the Rock Store Climb ("The Snake") and Mullholland Hwy heading back to PCH, up Los Posas Rd, through Camarillo Highlands and back to the meet-up location. Lunch/breaks to be determined. Estimated ride time will be 3-4 hours plus stops.
Other ideas, variations, etc welcome. Thanks Jim.
We will stop at The Rustic Canyon General Store & Grill. You can find it on Yelp: it is at 2598 Sierra Creek Road, Agoura, pretty close to the Rock Store. It is a funky little store/deli. You order at the counter and then take you food outside. There is plenty of parking, tables outside to eat/drink/rest. It's in a nice setting on a country road. I think the burgers/sandwiches would be suitable and you can buy various things to drink, snack, etc. I don't think it will be memorable for the food selections, but I think it will do the job. And this is all about a fun ride and not necessarily a dining experience.
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK