Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
DEER LODGE, OJAI
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Deer Lodge in Ojai
Sunday, August 7, 2011
76 Gas Station
11008 Citrus Dr & S Wells Rd
Ventura, CA 93004
...NOTICE: RIDE DETAILS HAVE CHANGED...
(First, we will take the scenic route to Crush Cakes in Carpinteria)
Ok.... here is the scoop,
We will be going to the Dear Lodge this Sunday, but first we will be taking the scenic route on the 150 to Carpinteria.This is a beautiful ride and the weather should be great. There we will be stopping for a rest at Crush Cakes located in beautiful downtown Carp. After our stop we will head on back to Ojai and have lunch at the Dear Lodge. This ride was created for our guests from Hunnington Beach. Thanks Jim for mapping it out for us.
We will meet up at the 76 gas station on Wells Rd at 9:AM depart at 9:15. Here is the route we will take from Wells Rd to Lake Casitas.
Lake Casitas Recreation Area 11311 Santa Ana Road, Ventura, CA 93001
1. Head northeast toward Santa Ana Rd 161 ft 2. Continue straight onto Santa Ana Rd 0.1 mi 3. Turn left onto CA-150 W/Casitas Pass Rd Continue to follow CA-150 W 11.9 mi 4. Turn right onto CA-192 W/Casitas Pass Rd Continue to follow CA-192 W 3.6 mi 5. Turn left onto Linden Ave 0.7 mi 6. Turn right onto Carpinteria Ave Destination will be on the left 226 ft
Crush Cakes 4945 Carpinteria Avenue Carpinteria, CA 93013-1936
7. Head southeast on Carpinteria Ave toward Yucca Ln 2.3 mi 8. Turn left onto Rincon Rd 1.5 mi 9. Continue onto CA-150 E 15.2 mi 10. Turn left onto N Ventura Ave 1.5 mi 11. Continue onto W Ojai Ave 0.5 mi 12. Turn left onto CA-33 N Destination will be on the left 1.4 mi
The Deer Lodge 2261 Maricopa Highway Ojai, CA 93023
13. Head southeast on CA-33 S toward N Lomita Ave 1.4 mi 14. Turn left onto CA-150 E/W Ojai Ave Continue to follow CA-150 E 17.5 mi 15. Turn left onto E Main St 233 ft
Santa Paula, CA
This is a ride Lorraine suggested. Deer Lodge is a popular biker eating place just outside Ojai on highway 33. I noticed that we had nothing scheduled so I am posting this information. I will be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to make it. I don't want to sleek for Lorraine so unless she wants to lead this ride we may need a leader for this one. In your RSVP let us know if you would be interested. Randy
Posted by AceFace at 17:28
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK