Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Nojoqui Falls Picnic Ride - Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:00 AM
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Moorpark Mc Donalds at 8:00 AM
Lake Casitas Parking lot at 9:00 AM
Please note parts of this ride will be up hill with a speed limit of 55 mph. Sorry 150 cc and above. You must also be comfortable riding at 55 to 60.
There a two meeting points for this ride: (if someone wants to organize a meet up point from Ventura let me know where and what time and I will post it)
Moorpark Mc Donalds on the corner of Spring and Los Angeles Ave. We will be leaving at 8:00 AM
Lake Casitas Parking lot at 9:00 AM as soon as the Moorpark group arrives we will be leaving.
Have your gas tanks filled and bring a snack and water. and of course your Lunch this is a picnic ride.
We will leave the Lake Casitas parking lot and ride up highway 150 to Highway 192, stopping for gas and a break in Montecito. After a short break we will continue up Highway 192 turning onto Highway 154. This highway climbs over the mountain with speeds of 45 to 50 once over the top its down hill and the speed limit is 55. After we pass Lake Cachuma we will turn in at the Dam view point for a restroom break. We will continue down Highway 154 to Highway 254, to Solvang where will turn left on Alisal Road to Nojoqui Falls. This is a nice picnic area and a short hike take you to the water fall. I will make no guarantee there will be water in the falls; after all this is southern California. After about a hour or so we will leave and go back on Alisal Road to Solvang and have ice cream, so save room for desert. After desert we will go back Highway 254 make a stop for gas than go to Highway 154. We will turn off at Stagecoach Road and go by Cold Spring Tavern. At the summit we will rejoin Highway 154 go to Highway 192 than to Highway 150 and back to the Lake Casitas parking lot, where we will split up.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A FEW PHOTOS OF THIS RIDE, SEND THEM TO: CAMAROLLERS.SC@GMAIL.COM, AND I WILL POST THEM ON THIS BLOG. THANKS!
Posted by AceFace at 22:55
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK