Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2011 (Be Advised the Ride has changed from June 5 to the new date of June 11, 2011 due to rain in the forcast. Please make note.)
9:00 AM (Be Advised the Meetup Time has changed from 8:00 to 9:00 AM)
76 Gas Station
11008 Citrus Dr & S Wells Rd
Ventura, CA 93004
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Cold Springs Tavern ride.
This ride leaves the meet-up on Wells Rd at 9:00 AM. You should arrive at the 76 gas station by 8:40 AM. It will take us about 40 minutes to reach Lake Casitas. Some riders will be riding separately and will connect with the CREW at the entrance to Lake Casitas (near Hwy 154 & Santa Ana Rd., Ojai. We'll leave the Casitas location ASAP.
This is a GREAT ride!
If you can shoot me a message if you will be at the 76 gas station, so I know who to look for.
RIDE UPDATE: May 27th
This ride to the Cold Springs Tavern is long (125 miles RT from Ventura) and much of it is on narrow, winding roads. There are two minor water crossings. Gas Up before the start. There will be a Last Chance Gas/bathroom break in Montecito but there are few, if any, services during much of the ride. Having a snack/water along might be wise.
CST is very popular with motorcyclists on weekends and on a recent visit, crew members found it hard to even park nearby. This ride starts early in hopes of getting to the CST before the Bar-B-Que starts at 11:30. If it is too crowded when we arrive it is possible the Crew will decide to pick an alternative food stop a few miles further on as we begin our return trip (think Baja Fresh, In & Out, etc).
We'll be going down "Old" San Marcos Pass Road to Hwy 192 then back over Casitas Pass to Ojai and Ventura. The return will faster/shorter. For those who want to return via Hwy 101 that is an option.
This ride leaves the meet-up on Wells Rd at 8:00 AM. Some of us will be riding separately and will connect with the CREW at the entrance to Lake Casitas (near Hwy 154 & Santa Ana Rd., Ojai). You should be at that location by 8:40 AM. We'll leave that location ASAP after the Wells Rd. group arrives.
This is a GREAT ride!
Randy, Patty and I met this weekend and planned out some summer rides. We are very excited and are looking forward to some safe summer rides.
I would rate most of our rides an easy C, however the ride to Cold Springs Tavern is a definite B or B+. It is not a fast ride but there are many curves and a long steady climb 6,000 ft above sea level. We will be riding through the hills of Monticito and then onto El Camino Cielo Rd. It is one of the most beautiful rides I have been on the scenery is truly incredible and you won't want to miss this one. If you are afraid of heights don't look down. After leaving El Camino Cielo Rd we will go onto San Marcos Pass for a very short time and then we will turn onto Stagecoach rd. There we will have lunch at the Tavern. BBQ!!!!
We will meet at the 76 gas station where we will fill up our tanks and then meet up with any other riders from the South side at Lake Casitas.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Posted by AceFace at 19:47
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK