Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Ride To: Wild Flowers & Rock Inn at Lake Hughes
CLICK HERE NOW TO RSVP
SUNDAY, APRIL 17, 2011 9:00 AM
All riders from Ventura area will meet at the Wells Rd. Shopping center off the 126 Fwy at 9:00am Kick stands up at 9:15 (sharp). From there we will travel to Santa Paula and ride along the hill side of South Mountain Road to Fillmore. We will meet up with the other half of our group coming from the Moorpark on the corner of Guiberson Rd. We should all arrive there within five minutes of each other . Who ever gets there first wait with all gear on ready to go.
(If anyone thinks they might be late and wants us to wait for you please call me on my cell)
We will ride to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve and stop for a rest and take a few pictures. Hopefully there will the Poppy fields will be in full bloom. We will not be going in unless they give us a fantastic deal. The cost is around $8.00 per person. Then we plan to visit the Rock Inn but not eat there, We just want to check it out. I am told that it is a very crowded biker spot and it could take up to two hours to get our food. We will be eating at the Green Valley Cafe where they will reserve an area to all sit together and I hear that the food is great!
I am not quite sure if the visit to the Rock Inn will be before or after we eat lunch, which ever it is we are sure to have a great time. THE ROCK INN 17539 W. Elizabeth Lake Road Lake Hughes, CA
All riders from the Moorpark area will meet at Mc Donalds corner of Spring and Los Angeles, Moorpark.
Meet up time: 9:00AM. Kick stands up at 9:30AM.
We will have to take the 126 for about 10 miles so the scooters should be able to go 55 with possible
head winds. Bring Camera’s a snack because lunch will be about 1:00.
We will be leaving Mac Donalds going up the 23 (Grimes Canyon) some twist and turns. To Guiberson Road in Fillmore, to the 126 to Chiquito canyon road through Val Verde to Lake Hughes Road, to Pine Canyon Road, to hwy 138, To Lancaster Road. Which will take up by the the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve. The only way we will go in is if they give us a great deal for all our scooters which I have heard they have done in the past.
If the group gets larger than 20 we will need two leaders. So far it does not look like it. That is why it is so important to RSVP so we know how to plan. Any takers if we should have more that 20?
Leg Banners for sale!!! I just paid the six month fee for the Meetup site to continue which everyone benefits from so I will be asking for some help from our regular riders.
CLICK HERE NOW TO RSVP
Posted by AceFace at 21:28
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK