Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Ventura to Ojai Ride - Sat., Aug. 28, 2010
VCVSC proudly welcomes new member Lars and his vintage P Series to the 'Crew.
Outside Palermo's Coffee Shop, our starting point for this ride.
The 'Crew, doin' what they do...
A fawn shyly greets us on our expedition through beautiful Ojai valley.
The Ventures Scooter Crew cruises across the countryside.
We reach our destination point- the lush Ojai Valley.
The Crew meets the end of the road and checks out each-others' rides.
Just can't get enough coffee. Our second coffee shop stop- Full of Beans Coffee.
Meet at: Palermo's Coffee Shop in downtown Ventura: 321 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA
Meet-up time: 8:45-9:15a
Departing to Ojai: 9:15a
To all of you who made it out to Palermo's for the Ojai ride, it was nice spending some time with you once again. Lars, it was good to meet you. Thanks for letting me test ride your P200. Brendan, enjoy yourself. Easy does it on the C&H and coconuts.
So here's the ride in a nutshell. (If you have more details, you can chime in.)
We met at Palermo's Cafe in Ventura, socialized briefly, and were off to Ojai with Jim Ventura as our lead, and I followed behind in my car, shooting pictures through my windshield. We took the HWY 33 to the 150 all the way to the road's end, turned around and stopped at Full of Beans Coffee Shop on the way back. A very fun ride, even without my scooter! (If you're reading this right now, and there needs to be some correction, please don't hesitate : )
Are you ready to finally ride again? Well, we will be riding to Palermo's Coffee Shop in Ventura for a cup of Joe, and then up to Ojai for some fun twists and turns. Hope you all make the ride. This is my last official ride (that is, if I can pick up my scooter in time). The ride will be lead by Jim Ventura. As you all know, he is a cyclist and knows the backroads very well. Please plan on getting to Palermo's early enough so we can chat over coffee a bit before taking off for Ojai.
Bring: Cameras, Bottled Water, Extra Fuel, and Sack Lunches.
See you Saturday morning!
Posted by AceFace at 20:34
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK