A Pablove Foundation Benefit Ride for Pediatric Cancer Research
When: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:00 AM
Vespa Sherman Oaks
13629 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Two awesome scooterist-owned businesses, the Scootabaker and the Sweets Truck, have teamed up to present the Sweet Street Scooter Rally, a ride and sweet treats event benefitting the Pablove Foundation (which funds pediatric cancer research). This is a great chance to get together, have some amazing food and help out with a good cause.
The ride is being led by the folks at Vespa of Sherman Oaks. We're posting it as an official meetup here so to help get the word out and to help them get a head count. Please RSVP via Meetup (rather than email) so we can see how many people are attending from our group.
Some folks may have heard that at one point this ride was Vespa-only. Scootabaker got this changed so that all scooters are welcome! Let's show that riders of ALL scooters can come together for a fun ride and a wonderful cause.
The ride starts at VSO and will end at Dangerbird Records in Silverlake.
Sweets Truck: http://www.thesweetstruck.com
The ride is free to join, but it would be great if those participating could make some sort of donation at the end location!
Questions? Post here and I'll contact the organizers if necessary.
I have crashed my scooter, and will no longer be able to join you all on rides. That doesn't mean there won't be any more rides. I hope you will continue organizing, posting and going on rides. I have already mentioned that the club will need new leadership for each region of the county, as well as a moderator/organizer.
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK