Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
RIDE RESCHEDULED FOR FEB. 28 VESPA T.O.
Crisp and Clean New Signage
The friendly owners and staff of Vespa of Thousand Oaks
They provided us with lunch and refreshments.
Members of VCVSC conversing over lunch.
Monica of Vespa TO talking with VCVSC Members.
We had plenty of room to park our scooters.
The new location is very spacious.
We met at Rolling Pin Donuts in Camarillo and took Santa Rosa to Moorpark, met up with two more riders, and rode in to Thousand Oaks Boulevard through some side streets to avoid traffic. It was a fun ride, but we unfortunately lost a rider on Moorpark Road, as his scooter seized on him. He gave signal to riders to continue without him, so we did. We were greeted by the new owners of Thousand Oaks Vespa, Lucky, Kajal and Monica. They were very hospitable towards our crew and had lunch and refreshments for us. Their new facility is quite large and there were many new model Vespas and motorcycles as well in the showroom. The latest model is the GTS300, the largest displacement cc engine of the Vespa line. We visited a while and had lunch, took some pictures, and were back on the road. Many members rode off in different directions, as they had chores.
Four of us took the Westlake/Sherwood, Lynn/Petrero scenic way back. It was a beautiful ride. Some members really missed out on a fun time.
We are going to meet for some coffee at Rolling Pin and then ride over to Vespa of Thousand Oaks to meet the new owners. They have been eager to meet our scooter crew and to get involved with us. From what I hear, they are very friendly. They are expecting us, as I've been in contact with them via email.
Meetup Date, Time and Place:
Feb. 28, 2010 9:30 AM -- Meet at Rolling Pin Donuts, Camarillo,
Departing no later than 10:00 AM
2153 Las Posas Rd, Camarillo, CA 93010
We will ride to Vespa of Thousand Oaks
3602 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Head west on Las Posas Rd toward W Loop Dr
2. Make a U-turn at W Loop Dr
3. Slight right at Upland Rd
4. Turn left at Santa Rosa Rd
5. Continue onto Moorpark Rd
6. Turn left at Thousand Oaks Blvd
Destination will be on the right
Posted by AceFace at 16:52
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK