--SATURDAY, JAN. 30, 2010--
This was definitely the most fun ride yet! The ride over to the gun club and back was amazing, and firing the cowboy guns on the Black Powder range was an even bigger blast! There were a few different pistols, shotguns and my favorite, Dave's Marlin 1894C lever-action carbine rifle. Paul taught us about the parts of a round of ammunition and various firearms, as well as safety procedures and the proper way to handle a pistol and rifle, from loading to aiming and firing, to emptying shells and reloading. Dave, who is also a member of the Ojai Valley Gun Club, also gave me some pointers. Oh, did I mention tomahawk throwing? Their buddy (Bill?) was also there and he let us throw his tomahawk. It's not as easy as it looks in those old westerns either.
Tricia drove her truck and brought a barbecue and hotdogs, drinks and snacks. She also had with her some gasoline and a ramp and tie downs just in case one of us needed it. She took some awesome pictures of the ride, as she was right behind us the whole way.
"S C O O T - N - S H O O T"
What could be more fun than scooters and guns?
THIS RIDE WILL COST $10 PER 'CREW MEMBER TO SHOOT, but shoot, it's worth it!
This will be a ride from Ventura to Ojai, and will include a little shootin' action.
Riders, bring sack lunches and bottled water, your camera, and your sidearm, if of course you have a permit to carry. Otherwise, guns will be provided.
Also bring ten bucks to give to Paul Fielding to cover your non-member fees for the shooting range.
Meet at Citrus & Wells. Proceed West on Foothill, which turns into Poli, Right on Cedar, Left on Kellogg, Right on Ventura Ave, Left on Canada Larga, Right on Santa Ana, Right on 150. Left on La Luna, Left on Maricopa Hwy, Right on Rose Valley Rd. The total distance is approximately 48 miles from meet-up spot. There is a large covered patio area where we could eat lunch. The fee per shooter is $10 for non-members of the Ojai Valley Gun Club. Carl Wade, Dave Grassel, and myself are all members of the OVGC."
This will be an all-day event, being one of the longer rides and since we will be doing an activity at our destination. Mark your calendars and we'll get this one planned nice and early this time.
Go Here to Join/RSVP:
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK