Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Ride to Thousand Oaks Vespa, Aug. 30th
Besides the rides and food, these guys were my favorite part of the day!
August 30th, Vespa of Thousand Oaks was having their 3rd Anniversary Celebration. So, naturally, it became our ride for the month of August. After much debate, I decided to go, even though I don't drive a true "Vespa". There were just a few off brands like mine, but we all had two very exciting and fun rides! The rides went around the lake. It was a beautiful view. One thing I really liked about this ride, was there were escort runner scooters that rode along the sides and helped keep the intersections clear and safe. A couple of our own crew members did this on the ride to the Simi car show, and I was impressed and felt safer because of it.
I was greeted with a warm handshake from none other than the owner, David. He didn't remember me, but I was quite alright with that. A Paris Hilton look-alike was giving out free Vespa T-shirts when we signed in. The design was pretty neat with a retro looking pin-up girl and a faro baso Vespa.
We enjoyed free Mexican food and live blues entertainment. They had several raffles and at the last one, Lorraine won a set of yellow suede Corazzo "gardening gloves". The main raffle was a scooter, of course. The winner of that scooter was the owner of the "ugliest car". Of course, there weren't many cars there, so the winner had a good chance of winning. The so called ugliest car was an all-terrain 4x4 vehicle that I thought wasn't ugly at all. It looked cool to me.
It was an extremely hot day at a record 111 degrees F and shade was limited. The intense heat and being in the bright sunlight made me nauseous and I was guzzling down water bottles like crazy. The sweat pouring down my forehead got salt in my eyes and made it hard to see on the rides. But, check out the pictures. We actually had a lot of fun. I only wish more of us went.
Posted by AceFace at 21:24
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK