Ride to Carpinteria & Lake Casitas
Scheduled for Saturday, September 26, 2009
New Meeting Times:
Camarillo Folks: Meet at Rolling Pin Donuts at 9:00 AM
Everyone: Meet at the 76 Station on Wells Rd. and Citrus at 9:30 AM
The general ride would go 1) through Ventura or 2), to Santa Paula and Ojai, then over Casitas Pass to Carpenteria and return. In Carpinteria we could hit a restaurant (Zac has some ideas) or picnic at Viola Fields (a nice, free, cliff side park with restrooms).
None of the ride need go on any freeways. For the most part the route is two lane, winding and often scenic. There are several good spots to regroup in case there are lagers. And mid-way, a bathroom spot if appropriate.
Beginning from the gas station in Saticoy where "Lorrain's group" usually starts:
Alternative 1 would head for Santa Paula on Foothill road, turn North on Hwy 150 to Ojai (the same way we rode on the Ojai loop ride a few months ago).
Alternative 2 would head for Ventura on Foothill road, turn North on Ventura Avenue,then Santa Ana Road, connecting to Hwy 150 at the entrance to Lake Casitas.
In either alternative the ride would then head West on Hwy 150 past Lake Casitas, up over Casitas Pass and into Carpinteria. If we want to go to a restaurant we'd take a turn onto 192 for a couple of miles and then into town on Casitas Pass Road or Linden St. If we want to go picnic at Viola Fields, we stay on 150 right to the cliff side park.
The return route could take the same way back, or at Ojai, take the "alturnative ride" back.
Rough mileage calculations from Saticoy to Saticoy:
Heading first to Ventura, then to Carpenteria and returning the same way: Approx 75 miles.
Heading to Santa Paula/Ojai, then to Carpenteria and returning via Ventura: Approx 83 miles.
Folks would need to add the miles/time from where they start, such as you in Camarillo, to/from Saticoy.
So that's an idea. If you like it, my personal preference would be the 1st alturnative: Santa Paula/Ojai and then return via Ventura.
If the return ride is via Ventura, at that time of day, a little course change in Ventura to Harbor Blvd, Olivas Park Rd and Telegraph Road to Saticoy is recommended (and the way we returned on the Ojai loop a couple of months ago).
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK