Camarillo Art & Jazz Festival
I went to Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Candy Shop, had a Judge Wapner Root Beer and ordered a slice of pizza from Tony's NY. After I gobbled it down, and nobody showed up, I figured I'd just cruise up the street and check out the festival for a bit. Then I heard the sound of SKA music playing! I couldn't believe it, mon! I rode my scooter around a backstreet, parked and caught the show. The next performance was a modern jazz band. The bassist's wife sang the song "Summertime" as performed by the George Benson Quartet among others.
Check out "The Gritty's" a budding ska band from Oxnard, CA.
This performance was right in our backyard at Rock City:
Camarillo Art & Jazz Festival AND Vespa T.O. 3rd Anniversary Celebration and Rides
Dear Crew Members,
I'm planning on showing up early afternoon. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat at Tony's New York Pizza right next to Rocket Fizz Candy and Soda Shop, and then head up the hill to catch the art and music. There is also a great coffee shop across the street and up a bit called Element Coffee.
If you would like to go to the Jazz Festival, please send me a quick email. We could meet at the back of Rocket Fizz and head up together.
Address for Rocket Fizz, Camarillo: 2619 Ventura Blvd, Camarillo, CA 93010
Meeting time for Jazz Festival ride event: on Saturday, Aug. 29. @12:30 NOON We will get a quick lunch- the slice of pizza and drink special, and be off.
The Vespa T.O. ride will be this Sunday the 30th. Any crew members north of Camarillo, please meet up with Lorraine at the 76 gas station on Wells Road and Citrus as usual. From there, we will all meet-up at the Rolling Pin Donuts parking lot like last time. But we won't visit. We'll leave quickly and visit at VTO.
Meeting time for ride to Vespa T.O. Anniversary Celebration: on Sunday, Aug. 30. @9:45 AM / 76 Station @10:00 AM / Rolling Pin Donuts
This month, we will have two rides- back-to-back. There will be a ride on Saturday the 29th and Sunday the 30th. So far, the Saturday ride destination hasn't been decided, but the Sunday ride will be to Vespa of Thousand Oaks for their 3rd Anniversary Celebration. A few of our members have been to the last ones, and they say it's a blast. There will be free food, raffle prizes, and scooter rides. In the past, there have been as many as 70 scooters riding together. The people come from all around to attend this event. We won't miss it.
Plans are underway to meet at Element Coffee in Camarillo, located on Ventura Blvd in downtown Camarillo. Owned by a friend named Mike who's a scooter guy himself.
2364 Ventura Blvd
Camarillo, CA 93010
The Saturday preceding the above Sunday ride to Vespa T.O. will be (if anyone's interested) to go catch the Camarillo Art & Jazz Festival. It will be taking place on Ventura Blvd. in downtown Camarillo from noon until 5PM. Of course, we don't have to stay for the whole thing, unless you feel like it. I don't know how good the music or art will be, but I do know it's free, and you know free is a good thing!
The streets might be blockaded, and we might have to park somewhere funky, so I'm gonna check with the city or chamber on that.
Art & Jazz throughout Old Town Camarillo all day
Daytime activities are free to the public.
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Professional artists will be part of juried art show on the sidewalks along Camarillo’s historic old Town district, including art displays in various participating shops and restaurants.
Noon to 5:00 PM - Professional musicians will perform jazz from swing to Latin to smooth jazz styles on five outdoor stages throughout the day
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK