Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
July 25th Ride to Lake Piru
View into Lake Piru: Pretty nice! Too bad we didn't stop for a picture!
Crew members all met at Somis Market for breakfast and coffee before heading out.
We had scrum-diddly-umptious breakfast burritos and coffee here.
The burritos were delicious. Just don't buy their chicken salad sandwiches!
The Crew's very own Chief Warrant Officer 4 performed a safety check on our scoots.
It was too hot to stop short of the entrance for a picnic as planned.
So we entered the park at a whopping $10/head just for a little shade and rest.
But we got to visit a while and use the head, so it was kinda worth it.
Kelly covered me since I blew most of my money on Somis Market
breakfast and a gross chicken salad sandwich that not even the birds would eat!
It was a very long journey back, and we got somewhat separated towards the end
of our ride, but we all had a safe and very fun ride.
MEET-UP LOCATION: 9:00 AM - 76 Station (on Wells Road)
For those of you North of Camarillo, please meet with Lorraine at the 76 Gas Station on Wells Road as usual. Here's the address: 11008 Citrus Dr & S Wells Rd
MEET-UP LOCATION: (Entire Crew)
We will meet at Somis Market, located at: 3319 Somis Rd, Somis, CA 93066
Meet-up time at Somis Market: 9:30 AM
We will have breakfast burritos and coffee and leave from there to Lake Piru.
WHAT TO BRING:
* $10.00 - If you are planning on entering the Lake Piru park. Otherwise, we will just pull off to the side of the road in the grassy area just before the entrance.
(It costs $10/per vehicle to enter)
Extra Fuel (if you've got some. There is a filling station along the way, though.)
EXTRA WORD OF CAUTION:
This route is long and arduous. It is considered by bikers to be the equivalent of a double-black diamond in level of difficulty. This is due to some hair-pin turns and drastic changes in elevation. WE WILL RIDE SLOWLY on the twists and turns and on the steep hills. Also remember to wear all your gear! (ATG-ATT: "All the gear, all the time) Safety first.
Start address: Somis, California
End address: Sta Felicia Canyon Rd
Start at: Somis, California
1. Head north on CA-34/Somis Rd toward North St - 0.5 mi
2. Turn left at CA-118/E Los Angeles Ave - 0.9 mi
3. Turn right at Bradley Rd - 4.5 mi
4. Turn left at Balcom Canyon Rd - 3.2 mi
Arrive at: Balcom Canyon Rd
5. Head east on S Mountain Rd toward Petit Rd - 2.4 mi
6. Slight left at S Sespe St - 0.5 mi
7. Turn right at Bardsdale Ave - 1.3 mi
8. Turn left at Bellevue Ave/CA-23 Continue to follow CA-23 - 0.8 mi
Arrive at: CA-23/Chambersburg Rd
9. Head south on CA-23/Chambersburg Rd toward Riverside Ave - 0.2 mi
10. Turn left at W Guiberson Rd - 3.3 mi
11. Turn right at E Guiberson Rd - 0.1 mi
12. Turn right to stay on E Guiberson Rd - 3.6 mi
13. Turn left at Torrey Rd - 0.8 mi
14. Slight right at Howe Rd - 0.2 mi
15. Turn left at Torrey Rd - 0.3 mi
16. Continue on N Main St - 1.2 mi
17. Continue on Piru Canyon Rd - 1.8 mi
18. Slight left to stay on Piru Canyon Rd - 1.5 mi
19. Slight left to stay on Piru Canyon Rd - 0.3 mi
20. Continue on Sta Felicia Canyon Rd - 0.7 mi
21. Slight left to stay on Sta Felicia Canyon Rd Destination will be on the left - 1.6 mi
Arrive at: Sta Felicia Canyon Rd
See you all at Somis Market!
Posted by AceFace at 14:24
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK