Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
NEPTUNE'S NET SCOOTER RALLY
Well, this was a huge success! It was the greatest turn out yet, with at least 24 scooters. We met up with some scooterists from Los Angeles for this one. The north Ventura County folks met up at their usual location at the gas station, and then they met up with a few of us Camarillo and Somis folks at the Rolling Pin Donuts. There were some new faces and it was exciting to see the club growing.
We had a rendezvous with the Los Angeles scooterists at the CSUCI library, had some pictures taken, visited and checked out each-others' scooters, and were off to fill up. After visiting the gas station on Pleasant Valley Road, we caravanned out west on Lewis Road and took the Pacific Coast Highway up into Malibu. Our destination, the famed Biker hangout, "Neptune's Net". It was a bit comical when we road in. Immediately, the security ushered us to park our scoots across the street. They were already at the limit of bikes parked in their motorcycle parking. We had to cross the street and walk through a swarm of bikers in black leather and motorcycles. It was a bit intimidating, but we were glad we made it there safely. It was so crowded, that we didn't all sit together like we usually do. We had to search to find a seat. The food was good, but the atmosphere's really why you go to a place like this. But we made it a quick lunch. Some members had other engagements and had to take off after arriving there. It was nice to have them with us for the ride there anyway. On the way back, we all went our separate ways. That's when the busy PCH traffic started piling up behind me. I had to get over many times to let the speeding cagers by.
Dear Crew Members,
Our scheduled ride to Neptune's Net in Malibu on April 11, will now meet at Rolling Pin Doughnuts- not the New Camarillo Library Parking Lot. We're going to try out this new meet-up location, and maybe even grab a coffee and/or a doughnut, or my favorite- eclair, before leaving to Cal State University Channel Islands library parking lot.
Any crew member who lives north of Camarillo, you will be meeting with Lorraine at the 76 Station on Wells/Citrus by the 26 freeway (11008 Citrus Dr, Ventura, CA 93004):
Meet-up Date and time: April 11 @ 12:30
Departing time: 12:40
Meet at the 76 gas station on Wells Rd. and the 26 freeway.
Leave Wells Rd. head out toward the 118, Los Angeles Ave.
Turn right on Santa Clara Ave.
Turn Left on Central Ave.
Go Over the 101 Freeway to W. Ventura Blvd. toward the Camarillo outlets.
Make a left on to Las Posas Rd.
Go over the freeway, follow Las Posas Rd. to the doughnut shop.(on left)
All Crew Members will Meet-up at the following location:
Rolling Pin Doughnuts
2153 Las Posas Rd
Camarillo, CA 93010
Meet-up Date and time: April 11 @ 1:11
Departure time: 1:33
Est. Arrival time: 2:00
California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) Library parking lot.
1 University Drive, Camarillo CA 93012
Meeting Up With: LA Group scooterists
Departing Again from CSUCI with the LA Group at 2:30
Arriving at Neptune's Net at 3:00/3:15
Neptune's Net Arrival Location:
42505 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
Remember, this is a biker hang-out. Harley Davidsons, Hell's Angels, etc. We treat them with respect, they treat us with respect. Please don't try to start a mod vs. rocker riot! ;)
VENTURES SCOOTER CREW
Posted by AceFace at 12:22
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK