Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Thousand Oaks Powersports (which currently carries Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ktm) is now a Genuine dealer. Their grand opening is this Saturday and I was hoping everyone could show up. Tricia and I will likely make the trek out to my mom's house in Simi Valley in the morning (around & 7:30-8:00 AM) and head out to the dealership around 10:00 or so. Any one interested in joining us is welcomed (my mom is very hospitible) and we could even take the back roads into Moorpark and then to Simi (very scenic and enjoyable) so we wouldn't have to run full throttle down the old 118. I look foward to seeing all who can make it. There will likely be a ride afterwards- I was thinking through Hidden Valley into Newbury Park.
We will meet up with Paul at around 8:15-8:30 at the Wells Rd. 76 station.
(A new rider named Johnny will be meeting up with the riders at the 76 station. He will be riding with his friend. Look for an old 1953 Vespa and a Yamaha Vino.) From the 76 station, riders will ride into Camarillo, and will meet up with Matt at the library in Camarillo and head back out to the back roads that run through Somis and into Moorpark dumping us out on High St. From there, it's a pretty simple city drive going through Moorpark past the college and into Simi. We will then meet up with my mom and stepdad and head out to T.O. I got a rundown of the route to Simi from mapquest...
1: Start out going EAST on LAS POSAS RD toward VIA NOGAL RD. 0.3 mi
2: Turn LEFT onto SOMIS RD/ CA-34. 1.8 mi
3: Turn LEFT onto E LOS ANGELES AVE/ CA-118. 0.9 mi
4: Turn RIGHT onto BRADLEY RD. 4.5 mi
5: BRADLEY RD becomes BALCOM CANYON RD. 0.7 mi
6: Turn RIGHT to stay on BALCOM CANYON RD. 1.8 mi
7: Turn LEFT onto STOCKTON RD. 4.3 mi
8: Turn LEFT onto BROADWAY RD. 1.1 mi
9: Turn RIGHT onto CA-23. 3.4 mi
10: Turn RIGHT onto W HIGH ST. 0.0 mi
11: End at [1-99] W High St Moorpark, CA 93021
Posted by AceFace at 22:53
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK