January 24, 2009 (Ride may move to Sat, Jan. 31 if we get rained out.)
WELL, THE WEATHER DIDN'T PERMIT AND WE GOT RAINED OUT!
RIDE TO OJAI HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN MOVED TO SAT., JAN. 31, 2009.
RIDE TO OJAI
Riders in Camarillo/Somis area will meet at 8:15 AM, and depart from the new Camarillo Library parking lot at 8:30 AM and go down Las Posas to Crest View and through the Las Posas Estates, directly to the 76 Gas Station at Wells Road to meet up with riders from Ventura/Oxnard area at 9:00 AM. We shall proceed by following the route as described below.
THE GENERAL ROUTE:
North on Wells Rd. Over the 126 Fwy. (Meet up with fellow riders at the 76 Gas Station on Wells Road) Turn right onto Foothill Rd. approximately 6 mi.,
Right on Peck Rd., Left on Santa Paula St. Left on Tenth St. which turns into Hwy 150. It is a little windy in some parts but once you get onto the flat lands it is beautiful and green. Bring your cameras. It is a straight shot into Ojai.
The directions on the blog are very sketchy for the return half of the trip. It indicates Hwy 33 will take us through Oak View down to Ventura. Hwy 33 at Foster Park becomes a freeway. Are all of our riders freeway legal?
WE WILL TAKE THE SCENIC, (AND SAFER) RIDE HOME:
I usually take a more scenic route. Coming west on Hwy 150 out of Ojai, I continue past Hwy 33, past Nordhoff HS, past the Deer Lodge, and turn left on Santa Ana Road. I ride past Lake Casitas (sometimes stopping to enjoy the view) continuing on past Foster Park (it cost money to enter) and down Ventura Avenue in Ventura. At the end of Ventura Avenue you must turn left on Thompson Blvd. I continue on Thompson Blvd and turn right on California Street. South bound California Street does not have a STOP sign and we would continue, non-stop, through a left turn and down Harbor Blvd. (Harbor Blvd to our right and left do have STOP signs.) With the Pacific Ocean on your right, we continue on and make a left on Olivas Park Drive. Continue on Olivas Park Drive and make a left on Telephone Road. Continue on Telephone Road until we arrive at Well Road. The 76 station is about a quarter mile to the left and Camarillo is to the right.
Ride to 76 station on Wells Road: 20-30 Minutes
Ride to Santa Paula from Meet-up Location: 10 Minutes
Ride from Santa Paula to Ojai: 20-30 Minutes
Lunch at Pizza Restaurant: 30-45 Minutes
Ride from Restaurant in Ojai to Santa Paula: 20-30 Minutes
Ride from Santa Paula to Camarillo: 20 Minutes.
Ride from Camarillo to Oxnard/Ventura: 30-40 Minutes
Estimated riding time To and Fro = 3.5 Hours
Do you scoot? Then, we would like to welcome you to join us for a ride. There is currently a monthly due of $10 when you join our Meetup.com meetup group. Check our Meetup.com site for scheduled rides.
Top 100 Classic Scooter Sites Disclaimer: The Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew (VCVSC) or its affiliates will not be held responsible for any accidents, damage or personal injury caused to individuals while on rideouts. It is your responsibility to look after yourself and others, and be riding a road worthy scooter.
Super Duper Scooter-Scene Links
- 2-Stroke Buzz
- 2-Stroke Smoke
- 805 Living Magazine article on our crew
- Bajaj Chetak Forum
- Bar Italia Classics
- BigAss Motors and International Scooters
- Bluetooth Scooter Helmets
- Brutus-trimfit Button-down Scooter Shirts
- California Scooter Co. (Mini Motorcycles-Made in USA)
- Closer to original Vespa, with new technology!
- CORAZZO "Ride with the Shield"
- Doc Martens Scooter Boots
- Early Dolphin - Psychedelic Beach Rock
- Element Coffee-lounge, Camarillo, Calif.
- Fox Creek Leather - Gauntlet Gloves - (Made in USA)
- GET YOUR HERBS HERE!! Save $5.00 OFF First Time Order at iHerb.com Enter coupon code GUC551 or GUC425
- Get Your Official VCVSC Scooter Crew T-Shirts and Merchandise here!
- Grady's Record Refuge, Ventura, Calif.
- Griffith Park Sidecar Rally - Los Angeles and Ventura Counties scooter crews
- I Am Scooterist - Scooter Wear
- Just Gotta Scoot - SYM HD200 Scooters
- Kelly's design company
- Mini Mod Designs UK
- Mod Culture UK
- Modern Buddy Forum
- Modern Vespa Forum
- ModernAction Button-down Scooter Shirts
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Tips for Group Riding
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- PCH Rides, Dana Point
- Posers-Hollywood Mod & Skin Wear
- Requisite Clothing, Calif.
- Salzer's Records, Ventura, Calif.
- Scooter BBS
- Scooterworks Mail-order Parts & Accessories
- Social Clubs Guide - Conejo Valley and Surrounding Areas
- Sunday Morning Rides - motorcycle/scooter routes
- VCVSC Meetup Group
- Ventura Harley - Genuine Scooter Dealer
- Vespa Thousand Oaks
- Warrior Clothing UK